Conference Registration is Now Open!
Join the director community for the 2023 IDC Fund Directors Conference in Chicago, Illinois from Wednesday, October 11, to Friday, October 13. New and experienced fund directors will hear from fellow independent directors and industry experts on issues and trends affecting investment companies and their boards.
- From focused breakfast discussions to updates on governance trends and regulatory developments, the sessions are designed to offer practical takeaways and address issues that are top of mind for fund boards.
- Attend timely plenary sessions with experts covering topics such as artificial intelligence and business trends impacting the fund industry.
- Listen to panels addressing topics of the day, including board oversight of cybersecurity risk, ETF product innovation, and alternative investments.
- Share insights and experiences with other fund directors in peer-to-peer discussions on governance practices and oversight of third-party service providers.
- Connect with colleagues and meet new directors at networking receptions and breaks.
- CLE and CPE credits are available for in-person attendees. (Credit is unavailable for on-demand participants.)
- For those unable to attend in person, on-demand registration is available. Select recordings will be made available after the conference.
Who Should Attend?
- Independent fund directors
- Interested fund directors
- Outside counsel
- ICI members
- Other industry participants
This event is closed to the media.
Virtual Pre-Conference Education Event: Core Responsibilities of Fund Directors
October 2, 2023 • 1:00–5:00 p.m. (ET)
At this virtual preconference program, you’ll hear expert panelists review the core responsibilities of fund directors—and explore practices for fulfilling them. This session is designed for directors (both independent and interested) of all levels of experience. Newer directors will want to join to build their knowledge; veteran directors will want to come for the refresher. Core Responsibilities is a perfect complement to IDC’s popular orientation program—Foundations for Fund Directors.®
Core Responsibilities of Fund Directors is open only to registrants of the 2023 IDC Fund Directors Conference.
The Fund Directors Conference provides numerous opportunities to connect with your fellow independent directors! During the day, breakfasts and luncheons will allow you to keep the conversations going, while evening receptions offer the opportunity to network with your peers.